Again: services.exe and naveng/navex15

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by eternalbeta, May 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eternalbeta

eternalbeta Registered Member

Gavin,
    I still got this problem. If one doesn't give services.exe the option to modify naveng/navex15 at a certain point NAV stops its autoprotect feature and a red cross appears over the icon. Even rebooting several times doesn't cure the problem.

Negating somewhat PG's protection option 3# regarding services solves the problem. However, what about the level of protection from PG. Is it comprimised given the central role of services. Should one allow this only temporarely? (Even though doing this and rebooting after every update is somewhat tedious to say the least) or can we leave it at that? o_O

eternalbeta

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi eternalbeta

I have to give services.exe all allow privileges and also the option to install drivers and services. If I don't I can't get online, as aol installs a service at each log on. I don't see any problem as services is protected from writes so a nasty can't get to services.exe to exploit it for bad purposes.

Pete

3. gkweb

gkweb Expert Firewall Tester

Hi,

I had too being a NAV2004 users, for my AV to works fine.

regards,

gkweb.

4. eternalbeta

eternalbeta Registered Member

That's good news, so I can leave services configuration as it is then to keep NAV2004 alive and kicking. Thanks very much Peter2150 and gkweb for your time.

eternalbeta :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.