After Sales Support

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ftwynne59, Sep 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ftwynne59

ftwynne59 Registered Member

Hi all

Don't know if a security forum is the right 'forum' for this but here goes...

Just took the plunge and ordered a new MESH Matrix Eclispe Blast PC to replace my ageing (6 year old) PC.Seems like a decent set up and rated 'Best Budget Buy' in Computer Shopper mag.My concern is however some of the adverse comments relating to Cutomer care and support from MESH (mainly gleaned from the net).Has anybody had similar experiences ? Will I regret this decision? Has anyone bought the same PC and would like to impart good/bad experiences ?

Many thanks

ftwyyne59 :doubt:

2. Close_Hauled

Close_Hauled Registered Member

I have been specifying and building computer systems for almost 20 years. The first thing that I look at is the manufacturers support. The level and quality of the support helps to determine how long the device will be useful for.

The Mesh Computer site;

http://www.meshcomputers.com/updated/support.htm

Requires that I register to access it, so I cannot review it for you.

If you want to look at sites that offer excellent support, so that you can compare yourself, look at Intel, Dell, and HP.

These three companies provide support for some of their oldest components. Intel provides DOS and LAN drivers for their old 486 boards from the early 90's. Dell still provides drivers for PC's that they built in the late 80's when they were PC's Limited. HP still provides DOS drivers for their old LaserJet III. I stick with these companies because I need my systems to last a long time.

3. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Out of those three, IMO Dell is the best. They are quicker and prompter than HP, and even their warranty turnaround time is lower than HP's here in my area. :)

4. ftwynne59

Thanks for the responses Close Hauled and Firecat..

It seems to be a generic problem with the majority of major PC vendors in that after sales support leaves much to be desired.Even Dell have their difficulties (again, check out the various net postings). We need to keep this in perspective however...thousands of satisfied customers dont take time out to post plaudits on the net...it's the dissatisfied few who have bad experiences that post (I'm not for one moment criticising...many have valid and real reasons to be aggreaved at the total lack of customer care shown by the majors...).

I'll keep an open mind until my new PC arrives and hope that I have a trouble free time ahead and not have to call on the support of after care...

ftwynne59 :doubt:

5. beetlejuice69

beetlejuice69 Registered Member

Is there any reason why you didn`t buy from a local seller?

6. ftwynne59

Beetlejuice69

My logic was that a local seller has store overheads which need to be recovered, inevitably loaded into the price of the goods (the downside). However the upside is that you may well have the advantage/comfort of better customer care (face to face...the ability to return defective goods back to the store etc). It's a trade off which I was willing to risk.

Do any in the Wider's community consider it a risk worth taking...or is it worth paying that little extra to minimise that risk ??

Over to you guy's...

ftwynne59 o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.