After Rootkit's Detection, What Is Your Next Move?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Perman, Nov 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: Rootkit's threat is on the rise, and it is for real. If ever your machine get an rootkit planted in, what would you do the next? There are a handfull of rootkit detection/removal apps available on market. Are they fully capable of complete/clean removing it from your machine? There are some suggestions on other forum; urging to completely wipe machine clean, their theory: once machine is compromised, its function is questionable. What do you thinko_O?

2. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I will reformat or put a new clean snapshot/ image.

3. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

I 2nd that . . If you find out that you have a root kit and you are not sure if you can remove it, OR even if you can remove it you dont know what else has been done, then always either Format your c: or re-ghost back to a good working image etc. Dont take any chances with a root kit

4. SystemJunkie

SystemJunkie Resident Conspiracy Theorist

I think this will not be enough, ACPI Rootkits from China are already real. That´s no illusion. Then you can format as much as you want. This won´t help.

5. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

Reflash bios? New mobo? Geesssss......when will it end?

6. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Does most motherboard used now a days have no hardware protection like jumpers etc. If they have, one should be safe. Any ideas?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.