After restoring, Windows XP won't boot.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by fatchoi, Aug 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fatchoi

fatchoi Registered Member

Thank you first for coming. Let me state my problem:
    I am a novice of Acronis True Image with Universal Restore. I have recently installed a copy of windows xp in VMware. In that copy, I also installed Acronis True Image with Universal Restore. I then made a backup of that windows xp and I copy the resulted backup to my physically real computer.

My physically real computer consists of four drives (C: to F:). I have a copy of windows installed at C:. Here comes the real problem. When I recovered my backup to F: as I would like to have two windows at the same time, though the recovery suceeded, the windows in F: just won't boot. I have modified the boot.ini correctly in C: and set the F: as active and primary.However, every time when I attempt to boot windows in F:, the windows logo appears and the bar in the middle would scroll for a few seconds. Then it reboots automatically! No matter I choose safe mode or not, it just reboot! Nevertheless, my windows in drive C can boot normally. I encountered an error at the last of the recovery that I made, but I don't know if it would help: http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/fatchoi/error.jpg

Sorry that my English isn't very good at all and my situation is a bit complicated but please help me to solve this problem. I would really appreciate if anyone can offer help.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello fatchoi,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that the most probable reason for the problem you have encountered is that you probably installed Windows on the C partition under VMware and restored this image to the F partition.

If my assumption is correct then I would recommend that you first prepare Windows using Microsoft System Preparation Tool (Sysprep) and after that create the image of the prepared partition and restore it to the partition F with Acronis Universal Restore option. Acronis Universal Restore does not conflict with Microsoft System Preparation Tool (Sysprep), you can use both tools on the same system.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.