After Restore XP PC hangs at TDI.SYS

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by hobocraig, Apr 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hobocraig

hobocraig Registered Member

I was here a year ago with some issues with TI home 11 and I am trying to rebuild the same exact machine to a new Visionman NO OS PC.

Everything seemed to go well on the recovery side everything is there, but the first boot on the new drive I got a brief blue screen of death and then it rebooted itself.

Then it went into the screen to choose safe mode etc. I tried safe mode and it dumps a bunch of stuff to the screen and stops at TDI.SYS. I have read up on this it seems I might be able to use a windows installer disk and run chkdsk or try and replace TDI.SYS etc.

Since this is a Acronis recovery I was hoping someone here might have some tricks to get this thing to boot. And I should mention the new PC's CD/DVD drive does not open so I used a USB flash drive to load Acronis (another story but worked).
    This is my original thread and I followed it to the t:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=1203433#post1203433
    Thanks! Help!

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello hobocraig,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

There is a lot of reasons that can cause the issue.

Are you trying to recover the archive to the same hardware? Please make sure that the hardware (for example, video card, network card, etc.) is completely identical and doesn't require specific drivers.

You can check the file system for corruption in the following way:

Please boot up from the Windows Bootable CD, then go to the Recovery Console (the first Repair option you come to).

From the command prompt please type:

"chkdsk DISK: /r"

where DISK is the partition letter you need to check.

After that, please reboot your computer.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.