After Recovering from .tib, Windows could not start

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by toprak, Jun 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toprak

toprak Registered Member

I have made an success .tib on the DVD-R.

1. I pluged a new harddisk
    2. Boot from Acronis CD
    3. Rebuild from the .tib from DVD-R to new Harddisk

After booting the PC, this error is coming up

Windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration.
    Could not read from the selected boot disk. Check boot path and disk hardware.

What's that?

The .tib is success checked out with Acronis.

I booted also from the AcronisReport.exe.(Floppy Disk) He makes anything, until i should eject the disk. After booting, the same error occures.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello toprak,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please do the following?

- Download the Acronis Report utility from http://www.acronis.com/files/support/AcronisReport.exe;
    - Run Acronis Report utility and select the "Create bootable floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the floppy drive and proceed with creating the bootable diskette;
    - Boot the computer under consideration from this diskette and wait for report creation process to complete;
    - Send the 'report.txt' file from the floppy disk to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread and indicate in the subject of the letter that you want to contact Irina Shirokova.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. New User

New User Guest

I am having the same exact problem. What was the resolution to this?
    Thanks

4. Tatou

Tatou Registered Member

Did you clone the old drive to the new drive or make an image from a drive and then put the image on a new drive?

If the latter did you backup a partition from the drive or backup the the whole drive?

Are you running the new drive in the same computer that you got the image from?

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello New User,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please create Acronis Report in the way Irina described above and send it to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread? Also please clarify in the letter whether you created and restored the image of the whole disk and whether you boot the same computer with the new hard disk?

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.