After installing NOD32 i can't get on the web

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Asgard, Dec 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Asgard

Asgard Registered Member

after i install this software i can't get on the web. i tried the installation in various arrangements of setting parameters and i still cannot connect. i have a broadband connection that i connect to through a router. i have windows xp. does anyone here know what might be causing this. i just reinstalled my operating system before installing nod32 so there should be nothing weird on it and i also uninstalled the norton software my computer came with. nod32 is currently uninstalled while i try to figure out this problem.

2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Hi Asgard,
    sometimes imon the http scanner in nod32 can mess up the winsocket.
    you need the winsocket fix tool.
    from here
    http://www.snapfiles.com/get/winsockxpfix.html
    if you got windows xp sp2 you can use the windows command line stuff but i cant remember the commands.
    lodore

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

In 99,99% of cases it's another crap that messes up the LSP chain (like Norton AV). If you had NAV installed before, use the special uninstall tool provided by its vendor to get rid of all leftovers.

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

5. Asgard

Asgard Registered Member

hi lodore

thanks so much for your advice. i just tried it and everything seems to be working just fine.

be well

Asgard

6. lodore

lodore Registered Member

@Marcos no need to be defensive. i was giving the advise that is normaly given here when you cant get online.
    but i do agree that norton does leave alot behind. and nod32 is normaly a very clean install an uninstall.
    lodore

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.