After installing Backup & Recovery compact, unable to Log on/off different user

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by shn, Mar 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shn

shn Registered Member

Hello,

I've got a Win7, Home Premium, x64 system. I did have Paragon Backup & Recovery Free, but I uninstalled it today (rebooted, ran CCleaner, rebooted) and installed Backup & Recovery, Compact edition. All seemed to install fine: I created a recovery CD, imaged my harddrive and validated the image.

I find, however, that I now cannot log off and log on as another user (I have a primary admin account, a backup admin, and two normal user profiles). Until now I could log off one account (whether admin or normal) and log on to another (admin or normal) without difficulty. Now, the login hangs for a while with the 'Welcome circle' and then the screen goes black, except for the white cursor. I can press control-alt-delete and get back to the troubleshooting screen. If instead of logging off/on, I choose to restart, then I can log into all profiles without a problem. If anyone can offer troubleshooting suggestions, I would be grateful.

Sincerely
    shn

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

I would definitely start with the Windows event log.

A few things you can check to find what's the problem:

1. Before you shutdown/log off, open task manager and close scripts.exe or launcher.exe if it's running. Shutdown/log off and see if it's normal again.

2. In Device Manager, uninstall UIM (Universal Image Mounter). Shutdown/Log off

3. Temporarily rename hotcore3.sys located in C:\Windows\System32\drivers then Shutdown/Log off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.