After effects of fufixcku.exe

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by starocean01, Feb 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starocean01

starocean01 Registered Member

yesterday my laptop caught the fufixcku.exe virus thing, luckily i was able to remove it by following a guide but after removing it there were some minor problems that i dont no how to fix...

my laptop is the acer extensa 5620 and before wen i change the volume by pressing Fn + Up/Down it shows the volume on the screen in green words but now it dosent, the function still works but it jus dosent sho the words. It also happens with my wireless and blu tooth, it used to say blu tooth enabled or blu tooth disabled but it dosent do that anymore.

Can someone pls help me? Thank you

2. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

starocean01, first, welcome to Wilders! It might be possible that your laptop still has some other malware, besides the virus you found, so it doesn't hurt to run both free versions of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and SUPERAntiSpyware to see what else can be found. Let us know your results.

3. ambient_88

ambient_88 Registered Member

I hope you have backups of your "clean" system. If not, then you might want to start exploring the different types of imaging programs. That way, if you get infected, all you have to do is restore a clean image. Much faster than disinfecting your computer manually.

4. NTxLS

NTxLS Registered Member

JRViejo & ambient_88,

Thank you for these suggestions to "starocean01" as I have somewhat a problem similar to the one posted. Only thingy for me I do not know what is causing my problem, yet, still attempting to nail it down. It may come from an earlier download of GMER, about 6 months ago I downloaded a copy and attempted to install it and nothing worked, now I cannot remove that older copy. Downloaded a newer copy about last Tuesday or Wednesday last week (17 or 18 Feb, 2009). That one seems to work just fine, just do not know how to use it, yet, nor what all of the information is good for. Still attempting to learn, anyone know where to find a PDF or HELP file on how to use it? That is the only question I have at this time, maybe more later.

Thank you for reading my poster roasty,

5. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

NTxLS, I don't use GMER but found this Help page on their site.

6. controler

controler Guest

7. NTxLS

NTxLS Registered Member

Thanks for that link, seems their site is down or there may be some thing on my system blocking me. The one you provided and the one I have to their Home page neither one will connect for me at this time. Will try again later.

Thank you for this reply,

8. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

NTxLS, you're welcome! Yes, I just tried the link and it's not working either so perhaps later as you say. Take care.

9. controler

controler Guest

Sorry I thought you were trying to fix your hot keys, I think you need to reinstall those drivers to fix it unless you plan on reformatting. Trying MalwareBytes first was a good suggestion.

10. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Yes, I think it,s problem with your Acer Hotkey Utility. Just reinstall that and it should be fine. I don,t know about Acer. I have a Toshiba and on it I have to intsall their hot key utility to get these visual alerts.

11. NTxLS

NTxLS Registered Member

JRViejo,

The next day after you had posted I was able to gain entry to GMER's HELP page, HELP!!! Now I need to learn how they are to HELP me, seems there is much more to their software than I had thought. There are NO descriptions to take me by the hand and guide me through. Just trip through blindly and maybe I will learn enough to survive.

You did do a very fine job of sending me to the correct location, now your job is to teach me how to drink water, no that is for a horse.

Thank you for the info and reading my poster roasties,

12. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

NTxLS, wish I could take you to the promised land (don't use GMER), yet perhaps another member who does, will come by and enlighten you to its use. Also, do search the forum for any bit of info as well. That's the best I can do.

13. NTxLS

NTxLS Registered Member

JRViejo,

Thank you for this recommendation and will take you up on doing just that. It seems my original problem started just after my first attempt to use GMER and could not get it to install where I could. That may have been the MISTAKE that caused all of my problems.

More investigation will be done as soon as I can get the time. Thank you for the feedback and ALERT. Nice to have you as the next Lert, we all need a good ALERT every now and then. HA! HA!

Thank you for reading my posted roaster,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.