after a reformat a pause

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by larryb52, Jan 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

I had to do a reformat of my HD (my fault) it kept looping & I couldn't get it to recover. Customer service on a few licenses I have will be tested as I don't keep good records & since the laptop is only 4 mths old didn't think I'd be doing a reformat so soon. I'm thinking out loud here since I have a clean HD do I really want that Kaspersky license back? of course I can test up a storm & this time I do have a good starting point. I 'use to' use Nod & a firewall but I'm honestly disappointed with ESS as it doesn't seem vista ready and have lost confidence in them, anyway sorry to think out loud & if the moderators think this is inappropriate please delete

2. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

sorry to hear of your problems Larry,

i can only recommend that you upgrade to XP.

im waiting for SP1 of Vista to be released before i give it another try.

3. larryb52

I'm finding getting the licenses back troubling, I wrote early yesterday afternoon & no response at all from any vender this is a real test of customer service...

4. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

you should already know to always have multiple backups of licences,

i tend to keep them in both my email, and on my flash drive.

which ones have you lost?

5. trjam

trjam Registered Member

after a reformat is a good time to try a new approach. Come on Larry, give it a shot, try out my sig and forget about those licences.;)

6. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

your sig changes almost weekly though jeff.... lol

sometimes daily. :rolleyes:

:D

7. larryb52

I'm ashamed to admit to the following
    Kiss v7
    AVG suite
    F-Secure
    I'm sure I forgot one ;-)

norton I got as that is web based & I had written my nod written down but the suite which I upgraded to doesn't work with my machine,

8. trjam

trjam Registered Member

So I dont understand. With most, you have the ability to go to their site and put in a email and password and have the license sent out. Even if you have forgotten your password, most have an option for that. Eset,Kaspersky,F-Secure all are very easy to attain once lost. Maybe Avira might be an issue but I really dont understand why you are having issues. Most AV vendors have it set up for great customer support for cases like yours.

9. larryb52

I didn't see it at Kaspersky's I'll look again as I'm not as tired as I was last night & the same with F-Secure..thanks, as I said I have ESET's license...

EDIT-I just filled out their form again asking to resend my license, sorry that's the only thing it'll allow me to do...

10. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

11. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Last edited: Jan 3, 2008
  12. larryb52

I never registered in that way, so in kaspersky's case I don't have a order as it was on an e-mail that was reformated over. I always print to pdf & I 'usually' save everything. I just never got it backed up. My fault intirely wasn't expected to reformat after 4 mths. On f-secure I don't have a password but I'll look at it further, I do apprciate the links tho , I'll save them for next time I mess up ;-) on ESET I have that as it 'was' my default & I write that down on my table I work at...

13. larryb52

Hey Trjam, thanks I recovered Kaspersky I guess I am still too tired but F-Secure I cannot get thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.