adware.vundo variant pest won't go away

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by raeph, Jan 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raeph

raeph Registered Member

So far, I have scanned with SpyBlaster and SuperAntiSpyware, plus RogueRemover and Vundo fix and repair. No matter how many times I scan and reboot, adware.vundo variant is still entrenched into my operating system.

Can someone please give me some advice, and if I happen to be in the wrong forum, let me know.

Desperate for help, raepho_O

2. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Add to your mix of scanners, MBAM (malwarebytes) run its updater.Then Disable system system restore scan,clean reboot see if this is any help. Also DrWeb Cureit, No installation required download scan,clean,Reboot.If you still experince issues you may want perform scans in Safe Mode This will increase chance to kill off the variants before they get a chance to run.post back results

Last edited: Jan 9, 2009
  3. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

http://www.freedrweb.com/

4. Radeon

Radeon Registered Member

Hi, I hope by this time you could get rid of this malware.
    But here is a solution that might help you anyway.
    I had the same problem yesterday on my son's PC He got infected by Vundo.
    I used Malwarebytes "Anti-Malware" I got it on Download.com
    It's a little software but very effective, simply perform a quick scan and that's it.
    I also tried other big name anti-spyware but the problem is that you have to pay in order to clean what it found, big deal.

Hope it will help you.

Have a nice day.

Radeon.

5. redog

redog Registered Member

vundo owns eset. 3 computers with the latest business edition and not once was it detected. It cannot be removed. Eset will in all likely hood not remain my business av choice in the future.

6. kalisun

kalisun Registered Member

I prefer to scan in Safe Mode..What I normally do is update the AntiSpyware programs (MalWareBytes and SuperAntispyware) in normal mode and then do a scan in Safe mode.

7. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

So when the next AV you buy misses a variant, will you switch again, and again, and again? Sounds like a real pocket drainer. No AV is perfect. The advice from most of the experts here is to run an extra program such as MBAM or SAS along with your chosen AV. Alternatively you can email the file for analysis requesting a cleaner.

It's a lot easier to remove pests when they are not in memory (Safe Mode).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.