adware/trojan

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by daf89, Apr 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daf89

daf89 Guest

Recently ive been getting a lot of popup ads eventhough i have an IE popupkiller. A search bar call "Road Ball Safe" has been installed to my IE as well. I downloaded Spybot S&D and AdAware in hopes of getting rid of this searchbar and the popups.
    I ran both and deleted the infected files they came up with. But the problem persisted. SO i downloaded a progam called NoAdware v2.0. It scanned my system and came up with a load of bad files/trojans. Because im only using the unregistered version i have to manually delete the files by going to teh locations it supplied me with, such as
    C:\\WINDOWS\System32\wtcpl.cpl

But then there are other locations that are :
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\classes\clsid\{8734......7df}

Or even a location as simple as "lop" or "Gator"

How can i delete these files? If they are remote can they be purged?

Thanks alot
    -daf

2. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi daf89, and welcome.

It sounds like you still have some spyware on your computer. Could you follow the instructions
    Here
    . Since you already have Spybot S&D and AdAware, skip to step 2 for instructions on downloading HijackThis and posting a log.

Do not fix anything in HijackThis yet, most of what it will list will be harmless. Wait until someone has had a chance to review it and they will advise you what to delete, and how. :)

Regards,

snap

3. dvk01

dvk01 Global Moderator

What you have described is a LOP toolbar, that always installlls along with a load of other rubbish, so please follow Snapdragon's advice and post a log in the Hijack forum

The No adware program is not efficient and has a lot of false positives, I would never reccomend it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.