AdWare Personal Automation

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Dazed_and_Confused, Oct 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

Does anyone know if it's possible to automate scanning and updating of Lavasoft AdAware Personal using Windows Task Manager?

I found the following command line on a now defunct AdAware forum, but it doesn't seem to work:

"C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Personal\Ad-Aware.exe" /full -mru +cskip +auto +remove:3 +update

2. nicM

nicM nico-nico

you mean task scheduler ?

did you try "C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Personal\Ad-Aware.exe +A"

that won't set an automatic update, but at least should set an automatic scan.

that's a beginning :)

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

I am still checking DC but according to a knowledgeable Ad-aware user in this post on another board it does not appear possible with some switches :doubt:

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Having taken a look inside the executable you can use the below command line switch to show a list of available command line parameters and their applicable versions.

"C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Personal\Ad-Aware.exe" /help

Attached Files:

5. Corrine

Corrine Spyware Fighter

LOL I'm not so sure how knowledgeable that answer was, Bubba, as it doesn't make all that much sense to me now. However, I thank you for the kind words.

Lavasoft removed the capability of automating the scan in the Personal version of Ad-Aware when the SE upgrade took place.

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

You are more than Welcome oh great Potentate of the Rose :eek: ;)

7. Corrine

Corrine Spyware Fighter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.