adware.mediamotor

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by mowhan, Nov 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mowhan

mowhan Registered Member

avg anti spyware just found this on my computer which am gratefull but little confused where i could get this.

the only software ive installed since my last scan was cyberhawk,age of empires 3 demo and all seeing eye game browser.

as i only browse websites i usually know not to have these on them and use firefox with no script and generally tend not to download anything and everything.

ive quaratined the item which points to just a registry value but after googling it it says its can down load more maleware and such,is this a false positive as i cant find any of the dll or exe running on my computer.
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extensions\{c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} -> Adware.Generic : No action taken.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2006
  2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

That registry entry is normally associated with IE prior to XP SP2 and relates to selecting IE\Tools\Show Related Links which then opens C:\WINNT\web\related.htm.

Which version of IE are you using and have you downloaded the latest database :doubt:

3. mowhan

mowhan Registered Member

hi bubba

thanks for the reply,iam using ie 6 with all the updates having recently formated haven't been able to ie 7 yet,not that i use internet explorer for browsing anyway

my computer is up to date with patches from microsoft.

am guessing its maybe something to do with with me still using ie6 because i avent activated my copy of windows since i formatted.which is a pain in the ass especcially since i own i copy.

thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.