Adware infections removal for free

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by pegas, Sep 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Hi,
    can you somebody explain what exactly is understood under the tab Guaranteed Malware Removal, item 2 Malware Removal http://www.prevx.com/freescan.asp ? What infections are considered to be removed for free and what does mean complicated infections require purchase? Can you provide an example?
    thx,
    pegas

Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
  2. LagerX

LagerX Registered Member

Guaranteed Malware Removal means that Prevx will remove all malware it finds.
    If it is unsuccessful, then you will have a remote support session and technician will try to remove the malware that cannot be removed by Prevx. If he is unsuccessful, you will get your money back :)

3. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

"Easy adware" and actually MBR Rootkit infections are removed free of charge. All other infections require you to purchase a license for removal.

4. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Thx for your reply, very clear! and I have to admit that wandering the Prevx web in more details I found it too, so sry to annoy you with silly question :oops:.

My prime protection relies on ESET Smart Security 4.0.437 long time but to be honest I am quite astonished from the capabilities of Prevx, so I decided to complement ESS with Prevx free, free for the time being, maybe to full later. However I won't install Prevx before my doubts are cleared in this thread https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=1538312#post1538312

So waiting a reply from ESET but if somebody from Prevx may have something more to say about, i would appreciate it too.

5. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Hello,
    This is just a false positive from ESET against a new test version of Prevx. Security vendors frequently accidentally detect other security vendors as malicious because security products often function in a similar manner to malware.

I believe ESET has since corrected this false positive but if not, just download the latest official version of Prevx from http://info.prevx.com/downloadcsi.asp which is definitely not detected by ESET :)

6. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Thx for information, I just installed .165 and passed the initial scan with result of 0 malware :). Just really amazed how it is quick, the initial scan lasted 1 min 43 secs. Awesome! Can report no conflict with ESS. Running Vista Business SP2, Opera 10 and Ad Muncher. For cleaning CCleaner. So far astonished by your product. May I have a few newbee questions?

1) Do I need to trigger manual update from Prevx GUI?
    2) Self protection - minimum or medium (Standard)?
    3) Heuristics - shall I leave the settings how they are?

Thx for your attention and replies.
    regards,
    pegas

BTW, I will have to upgrade my signature ... to add Prevx :)

Do you have an irc channel to discuss Prevx or just this forum?

7. PrevxHelp

Great :) Glad to hear it!

No, all updates occur automatically and so do scans (on a daily schedule). If you would like to scan more often, feel free to, but we have designed it to be very "set and forget" :)

The default for 64bit operating systems is Minimum because of the architectural changes in the 64bit environment but 32bit can be set safely on Medium without compatibility issues.

You can if you like :) The defaults are our recommended settings but you can change them around to see how they fit your needs.

No, just this forum or our customer support inbox if you have any direct questions (http://www.prevx.com/support)

Great! Feel free to let us know if you have any other questions!

8. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Many thanks PrevxHelp for your thorough replies!

Since yesterday's installation I have been running almost all applications to see whether any interactions do exists and ... nothing, really sweet :). I also tried install new version of Real Alternative with Prevx on and it turned out OK. The last test, though I was quite uncertain, was today's Windows Updates with 8 updates for my Vista Business, also everything went smoothly. So after such tests I may draw a conclusion that Prevx perfectly fits to my configuration. I have to say that I didn't experience even any slow down nor during boot up.

As regards your replies, I set the Self Protection to Medium. About heuristics setting I closely read Prevx Help and ended with Program Age and Popularity on "low". Advance heuristics is set to medium but I am really considering to switch it to "high" but I doubt what it will cause? May I expect any conflict with Windows Updates, ESS updates? And what about installation of an application, should I disable Prevx at first? I am very catious for that, so I would be relief receiving your view point. Yeah, you may say ... try it and will see ... but be so kind please and comment upon before I switch to "high".

I am so satisfied with your product that I will consider buying the full licence even if I am not at any instant danger. If I decide to go ahead, do you have a payment option enabling me to debit your account against your invoice and you sending a licence key afterwards? I don't want to pay using a credit card.

Thank you in advance for your attention and replies.

regards,
    pegas

9. PrevxHelp

You're very welcome :)

Fantastic :)

The "High" level will not affect system overhead or the updating of Windows/ESS. There is a relatively higher possibility for false detections but it is still a rare event (and if you do come across anything suspicious, feel free to post here if you have any questions on them :))

We offer multiple different methods of payment, invoices are only used for larger contracts (1000+ PCs generally). If you start on http://www.prevx.com/buynow.asp and then click Buy Now when you have selected the product you want, you'll be transferred to Cleverbridge to complete your transaction.

Our online reseller Cleverbridge accepts the following methods of payment so you do not have to pay by credit card:
    Visa
    Mastercard
    American Express
    JCB
    Switch
    Solo
    PayPal
    Wire Transfer
    Check/Money Order
    Cash

Once completed, Cleverbridge will email you your license key, which you can then activate against the Prevx 3.0 software console.

Alternatively you can purchase by phone quoting Product Code : 25648 Prevx 3.0

Phone numbers available on this page https://www.cleverbridge.com/53/?scope=cuseco

Let me know if you have any other questions :)

10. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Thank you very much! Everything's clear now. Heuristics boosted to "High" and ESS updates OK. Regarding possible FPs, am I right that in Prevx free it will only inform about a FP but won't block, delete or quarantine it? If so, it shouldn't be a problem because it will only identify and inform but no other action will be executed. Nevertheless if I think it's a FP I will surely report it.

11. PrevxHelp

That's correct. FPs are rare but inevitable but feel free to send in anything which you find! :)

12. pegas

pegas Registered Member

I do thanks PrevxHelp for all your support provided and as a result of my satisfaction with your product as well as thanks to your approach, I just paid the full license using a bank transfer. Looking to enjoy Prevx in full capabilities even if I am free of any malware.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.