Adware.Delfin : Error during cleaning.

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by fablepd, Sep 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fablepd

fablepd Registered Member

Hi. in a windows xp-based pc i ran ewido anti-spyware, a bad popup pop ups every time you search someting on google. worse, after 3-4 minutes the system becomes unstable and it is very difficult to click above icons and menu.

when ewido tries to delete/quarantine infected registry lines , it cannot deleted bad registry lines.

if i try to delete them with registry editor, it says they cannot be deleted nor renamed. anyone can help me please ?

here is ewido's report:

---------------------------------------------------------
    ewido anti-spyware - Scan Report
    ---------------------------------------------------------

+ Created at: 19.22.07 20/09/2006

+ Scan result:

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\IDE\CdRomSONY_DVD-ROM_DDU1621____________________S3.5____\5&2fd01cc0&0&0.0.0 -> Adware.Delfin : Error during cleaning.
    HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\IDE\CdRomSONY_DVD-ROM_DDU1621____________________S3.5____\5&2fd01cc0&0&0.0.0\LogConf -> Adware.Delfin : Error during cleaning.
    C:\Documents and Settings\marc21\Cookies\marc21@statse.webtrendslive[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Webtrendslive : Cleaned.

::Report end

2. karl.ewido

karl.ewido former ewido team

Maybe this Registry detection is a false-positive. We will check it and remove it with the next update.
    So in the meantime please ignore this registry entry, but did you also try to scan in safe-mode of Windows?

3. fablepd

fablepd Registered Member

thanks. i tried to clean from safe mode but i get the same error.
    the problem is that the spyware is STILL on the computer . so if it is a false positive, it means that another spyware not recognized by ewido is still on the computer.i'll post the popup in jpg as attachment as soon as possible.

thank you very much for your quick and kind reply.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.