Advise after clean reinstall

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by AMD, Feb 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AMD

AMD Registered Member

HI, just did a fresh reinstall after a system crash. I have so far re-installed Avast IS version 8, MBAM Pro, Keyscrambler and Sandboxie.

I have not reinstalled at the moment Winpatrol or Secunia PSI.

My browsers Google Chrome and Internet Explorer 9 have only got the new Avast Adblocker but I am not sure how good/stable this is.

Any help to fine tune the security on my PC would be appreciated.

Kind Regards

Andy

2. AMD

AMD Registered Member

Anyone ?

3. wat0114

wat0114 Registered Member

How can anyone help? You'll get millions of varying opinions. Maybe as a start, image your final working installation then try to identify and address what caused the crash.

4. AMD

AMD Registered Member

Ah that was nothing to do with the system. Too much spring cleaning done that, so it was a user error and as I had to start off fresh again, I thought I would see if it was worth changing the set-up a little.

5. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

You have enough security software so keep it and OS regularly updated and block scripting in your browser for all sites except Trusted sites.

6. Techwiz

Techwiz Registered Member

I see no reason to fix what isn't broken. If it hasn't failed you then it is providing adequate protection. When you do come across an infection, determine the method of delivery/execution and tweak your setup to defend against it. Your better off to take baby steps and do subtle changes, then to make major changes and introduce unexpected problems such as compatibility issues, etc.

7. AMD

AMD Registered Member

That makes good sense, thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.