Advice to replace KIS 2017

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by molitar, Jan 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. molitar

molitar Registered Member

I am looking for advice as I had to remove KIS 2017. The problems I had with it are many.

Web Antivirus - cause too many slow downs for normal browsing. URL were taking too long to open while it checked the site
    Firewall - it keeps blocking apps and I run a lot of custom apps I would be forever to manually edit ports all day. It just wont ask me to allow or deny.
    Private Browsing - again slows down normal browsing
    Anti-Banner - slows down page loading
    System watcher - keeps deleting apps or terminating them. Never asks how I want it to be handled? What kind of security software does not give a prompt as an action choice?
    Application Manager - slows down processes like batch scripts

I can not believe the software no longer asks how you want to handle a possible malware or that. So I am looking for a good alternative.. BTW I have been the victim of hacking due to my digital coin mining so I definitely need something with HIPS for security. currently only running Windows Firewall and Windows Defender due to the above issues.

Maybe I will need to run a specialized firewall and malware package instead. I really need some advice on the best setup for me.

Thanks.

2. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.