Advice re Nod32 & My New Notebook Needed!

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by LaFemmeMichele, Jan 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You can . Simply enable Windows Firewall (hope it is not damaged by something ;) ) from Control Panel->Windows Firewall->ON (+ check Don't allow exceptions) and you can go online . Don't forget that you can connect to the internet without risk of hackers but in order to stay virus-free you should visit only trusted sites (such as the one in Symantec www.symantec.com ,if you want to (are advised to) reinstall Norton, or Sony's site www.sony.com , if you need to reinstall their software , or www.infineon.com ) . Do not go to other sites . More about Windows firewall http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/security/internet/sp2_wfintro.mspx
    :thumb:

I read you install NOD32 . Go on and let us know how it is :)

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Good to see.

Cheers :D

3. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

I see you were well taken care of in my absents. Hope you got everything worked out. I am waiting to hear. :D

4. LaFemmeMichele

LaFemmeMichele Registered Member

Hi Tech Boy, Blackspear, ThunderZ,

Your support & guidance was invaluable last night. Thank you so much! I wished to thank you then, but by the time I'd setup & run the silent scan I couldn't stop, it was 0345. I couldn't formulate a sentence, but there was a smile on my face!

Blackspear your settings guide is so well done! A dead tired distressed novice can zip right through! I've put it in a binder. It's transparent & the exact shade of blue that lights up your shield! I am so grateful & thrilled to have NOD! Very proud here!

I have to delve into the catastrophic failure.

When I attempted to reinstall the part of Infineon TPM I'd removed via Contol Add/Remove Programs the wizard gave me:

Trusted Platform Installation Error
    Installation of Trusted Platform Module driver failed because no device to be updated was found.

I'd removed the Program Files folder but there was plenty of other Infineon on the PC, in the registry. After removing it I noted registry mechanic didn't recognize it either (I had remembered to dewhitelist it in registry mechanic). I think something was inherently wrong with Infineon & its reaction to Symantec removal tool demonstrates this.

Last week when registry mechanic targeted Infineon, I'd d/l a fresh copy of TPM from the Sony original drivers & software section & the wizard gave me a choice of repairing during installation. It certainly recognized it. There's a hardware component. I'm left to think that it's the hardware component of this built in security feature of my 12 day old PC that might be the catastrophy!

I don't have the technical expertise to grasp the relationship an OS could have with the TPM driver installation error message.

I guess I'm trying to ascertain whether or not the problem is OS deep or further. What do you think?

I could write Infineon & give them a detailed history of events. They'd have a better understanding than Sony. They won't know how much their product had been modified by Sony. I think replacing the PC at this point is preferable to a Sony repair.

Your thoughts?

Oh yeah the battery message. Never came back, but what was its significance?

I need a swami & a tech! :) But not an antivirus. I have the A+ NOD!!! :)

Last edited: Jan 29, 2007
  5. Blackspear

You are welcome.

Thank you, it is pretty comprehensive.

It would be best to ask this question in the Software & Services Forum where you should receive a better response.

6. LaFemmeMichele

LaFemmeMichele Registered Member

Last edited: Jan 29, 2007
  7. Blackspear

You are welcome.

8. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

Sounds like you are on the road to a happy ending. How ever it is unfortunate that you are experiencing these problems on a brand new PC. Blackspear sure seems to have you going in the right direction, think I will just sit back and watch instead of muddying up the waters with my .02 :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.