Advice! outbound protection when dates and times of files change

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by ChrisP, Sep 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisP

ChrisP Suspended Member

Hi - not used L&S for a while as I use an app which randomises the dates and time etc of all files on my PC when it ***** down. In the past when I used L&S it would ask me for permission to let apps connect to the net - even though I had granted it permission before. This I believe is because the date and time of the file will have changed from last tome so the firewall ses it as a different app - If I use l&S now - will it have the same problem - as I still use the same app to randomise the dates of all files

Cheers

2. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi,

If you are using Win2000/XP, this should no longer be a problem for you with the 2.05 version of Look 'n' Stop.

Just curious: what is this app which randomizes the date of the files ? and what is this for ?

Regards,

Frederic

3. Devinco

Devinco Registered Member

Hi ChrisP,

I don't have an answer for you, actually a question.
    What are the advantages of randomizing the date and time of all the files on a computer?

Thanks

4. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

By the looks of things ChrisP is trying to confuse Software expiration functions, don’t know how useful that would be nowadays. Anyways like Frederic had said, this is no longer problem for users using v2.05 on Win2K/XP systems…

5. ChrisP

ChrisP Suspended Member

the application i use is Eveidence Eliminator. The reason it scrambles the date and time info etc is so no one can tell what the pc was used for. There is software out there that can look at the times each file on the pc was created/accessed/modified etc - and from that can see exactly what you have been doing. Its just the fact that ee offers this - so I use it - of little use in the real world - but there u go. Im trying Look'ns now - now just need to configue it to work with kazaa lite, windows messenger etc - any rules out there for this?

6. JF

JF LnS Support

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.