Advice on trojan removal software

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by DuncanN, Jan 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DuncanN

DuncanN Registered Member

Hi,
    I have been using NOD32 for the last 10 months and have rolled out version 2 across our 1000+ user network and am impressed with the results. Nod does detect the trojans, but we are getting a high number of late. Can anyone recommend a really good spyware/adware removal tool?

Thanks

Duncan

2. honeybunny

honeybunny Suspended Member

3. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

As this is about spyware removal/prevention, I have moved it here for a better response.

Nod32 is on the improve in this area in regards to prevention, just make sure you have "Potentially Dangerous Applications" ticked in your setup. You can also use Ad-Aware Pro which has a active monitor, and Javalcool's software, SpywareGuard and SpywareBlaster which are prevention tools. You may also want to look at a Hosts file to prevent users from accessing bad websites.

This is what works really well for me, very simple to use and maintain. I know this is for a single PC, however you can see what works and can pick out a few products. You could also roll out Process Guard 3 from DCS here at Wilders, which prevents dll injections and can be password protected to prevent any installation of programs.

Hope this helps...

Let us know how you go.

Cheers :D

4. Atangel

Atangel Registered Member

There's a difference between spyware and trojans to a large extent, IMHO. And the products that are good at removing one aren't so hot at removing the other (Adaware and Spybot only do so much with most trojans and dialers, but do a fantasitc job with other Ad and Spyware, same can be said by ATs, but in reverse!)

I use BOClean from http://www.nsclean.com/boclean.html as my trojan program. It is "fire and forget" and might play nicely in a corporate env since user interaction is minimal whereas other ATs would scare the pants off most admin assistants.

5. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

Hi, a spyware removal tool...adaware, spybot and microsoft (previous Giant) are all free and could be used together, to supplement each other (and should be used like that imho)

you cannot go wrong with the three.

for antitrojan: with those three you cannot go wrong: tds-3, boclean and ewido. all have plusses and contra's.

6. spyaccess

spyaccess Registered Member

7. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

I agree with INFINITY in his recommendations above. I might add TrojanHunter to the list. But the three he mentioned and TH are all good solid programs.

8. Infinity

@ SpyAccess , are you related of any kind to that site?

it is the second time you point out to this site which isn't the original site of the product...it is just a purchase site, a store so to speak...

just a plain question.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2005
  9. Infinity

@ Gerard Morentzy: TH is a topnotch Antitrojan, I do have it too, not on access but once in a while, it has never ever caught anything so I don't know about that.

the support is good, the updates are frequent (not daily though), the resource usage is very acceptable.

for two years ago, TH and TDS were practically the only one, and yes I forgot : you pay once for ever. three at's are still doing it: boclean, th and tds (but don't know how long this will last - I hope it will continue for existing users :))

cheers

10. spyaccess

spyaccess Registered Member

My friend runs a few security sites, including that one, so I just know what he tells me. I guess being a seller really does not mean you know about products, you just know how to sell them...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.