Advice on setup

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by zerotox, Jun 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zerotox

zerotox Registered Member

Hello guys. I would like to have you opinion on my case. I'm running NOD32 4.2 and Defensewall 3.02 realtime with the Windows firewall on (Windows 7 ultimate 32 bit). I have a license for Prevx as well and am considereing adding it to my setup. Do you think it's redundant? And as my NOD32 license is running out in a couple of weeks, will it be enough to run only Defensewall and Prevx. Also are there any issues running these applications.
    Thanks.

2. TheIgster

TheIgster Registered Member

Personally I don't see any issue running NOD and Prevx together. Prevx would compliment NOD. I really believe that a layered approach to security is important as I run MBAM along with NOD, so I would say that should be a pretty solid setup.

3. zerotox

Thank you for answering. And will it conflict with Defensewall?

4. TheIgster

TheIgster Registered Member

it shouldn't, but I can't say for sure as I don't use DW. Only 32-bit available currently so I've never tried it. I don't see why it would though.

5. Matthijs5nl

Matthijs5nl Guest

PrevX and ESET NOD32 Antivirus don't conflict for sure, there are some people using this combination here on Wilders (I think Triple Helix does).
    Next to that PrevX and DefenseWall is also a generally loved combination on this forum, they don't conflict.

6. zerotox

Well, then I think I'm gonna try it. Do you think the setup will be OK with Prevx & Defensewall only? I have only 2 gigs of RAM, so I'm trying to keep it minimalistic yet secure.

7. Matthijs5nl

Matthijs5nl Guest

2GB of RAM is really a good amount of RAM, nothing wrong with that, you could run any setup you want to with that amount of RAM.

PrevX and DefenseWall is a nice and balanced setup. If you use some common sense next to that, you wouldn't need ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
    Common sense is: don't click on strange ads (Your computer is infected! Click here you solve it! or You are the 1.000.000th visitor, you have won!), avoid unkown email attachments, avoid risky websites, download from reliable sources, be on guard when downloading from LimeWire and/or torrents, keep your operating system and other programs patched.

8. zerotox

Thank you for your good will and help. I use adblock plus with firefox and WOT. I always try to be a safe surfer. If there aren't any issues I think I'll keep the 3 of them. I've read that Prevx won't add much weight to the system. Any browsing slowdowns caused by Safeonline?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.