Acronis is great - working exactly as advertised in each of the 3 disaster restore situations I recently had the pleasure to experience. The above has given me 100% confidence in TI and my ability to recover a HD in the event of a crash. However the last time I needed to do a restore I hit a small snag. And I want to know what I should do different next time. Background: The original HD had three elements to it: 1) a MBR 2) a "hidden" partition of apx 3 gig presumably containing the manufactures initial image of the pc when purchased 3) the "c:\" drive. I performed regular/scheduled TI backups of this entire HD. Later when the HD crashed I bought a bigger capacity drive and used Trueimage (v11) and restored all 3 items one restore process. The good news was the restored HD worked perfectly and booted right into windows as if nothing ever was wrong. All 3 elements of the original drive are present on the new drive. The bad news was the "c:\" drive did not have access to the extra capacity of the new HD. All the extra capacity was in an unused/unallocated partition. With time being a consideration I used partition magic to resize/expand the c:\ to consume the unallocated space. I suspect I did the restore "wrong" and had I done things differently I would have had the effect I wanted. Which is all three elements restored including the hidden partition with all available capacity of the drive being given to the "c:\" drive. Hopefully the above is enough to describe the problem and what I might have done wrong and what I should have done to get the desired effect without the need to use partition magic afterward.