advice needed

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by gery, Feb 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gery

gery Registered Member

i am a normal PC user and not really technical guy but really have been using a few security app to protect myself. I have a new computer now and I am running F-secure AV along with MBAM pro but have no firewall installed just W 7 FW.
    Do i need one? Which one is most accurate for me? i want it to be easy and with very few questions to answer. i Have a license of Comodo Complete IS and really the firewall is giving me some problems with a certain system thing trying to connect to another computer. I do not understand it so i just blocked it .After a while i gave up as i am not so willing to always answer such questions.
    Thanx in advance
    The computer is for personal use at home and i am connected via DSL cable to the internet.
    Gery

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

You can stay with Win7. Especially if it is annoying to configure 3rd party ones. However, if you can be bothered and install some other firewall ask if you have any issues.

3. sm1

sm1 Registered Member

Considering F-secure already has HIPS (Deep Guard), PC Tools Firewall Plus may suit your needs. But make a system backup before trying any firewall:)

4. Kernelwars

Kernelwars Registered Member

Hi,
    I would recommend you trying the windows firewall control its a small program found it really helpful for blocking outgoing traffic... considered application blocker IMO..the setup you have is pretty good :)

5. gery

gery Registered Member

i installed PCTOOLS and it is running pretty light. The computer and navigating in the net is pretty light

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.