Advice after memory upgrade please

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Escalader, Nov 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

Today, with phone support I installed a 1GB memory module in my Dell 4700 HT, windows xp sp2. It seems to be working a ok.

Do I need to reinstall any of my software to take fully advantage of the extra memory?

Thanks in advance.

PS. There a lot of dust inside that box.... who knew!

2. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

All programs should work as they did before, perhaps even better. No re-install should be required.

Hope while you were in there you had a can of compressed air to take care of the dust. Heat build up is the 1# enemy of PC hardware.

3. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

Thanks Thunder , I'll get a can of that air and reopen it, that's the easy part.
    Got to stay on top of my dusting:D

4. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

Little 3 second bursts of it at all the fans, heats sinks and vent holes\slots in the case should take care of it. You will notice some condensation when you spray. Do not worry about it. It will evaporate quickly and not cause any problem.

5. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    Make sure you hold all fans from rotating with a finger to prevent any electric discharge due to spinup. You should mainly be concerned with parts on the mobo itself, case fans are less critical. Best done with pc shut down.
    Mrk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.