advantages/disadvantages - MSE & Online Armor & Online Armor++

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by zakazak, Sep 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zakazak

zakazak Registered Member

I will try to ask my question in soem other way.. maybe it will be allowed like this :p

What are the advantages/disadvantages when comparing these two setups:

MSE + Online Armor Free
    or
    Online Armor++

Windows Defender,Windows Firewall,UAC are disabled and the Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool isnt installed.

I read that MSE already has "Windows Defender" included.. which would mean i wont need to activate it anymore. So with the Online Armor++ setup, i would have to re-enable Windows Defender right?

Are there any other advantages/disadvantages i should think about when choosing between those setups? I dont know if this is disallowed again but:
    Wouldnt Online Armore++ be more lightweight than MSE + Online Armor Free since it is just "one" program running in the backround instead of two different ones? Aswell as MSE + OA Free could have problems with each other?

Does MSE also scan for rootkits? If not i would need OA++ for having an Anti-Rootkit ?
    The MSE + OA Free wouldnt include any web/mail security at all?

Hope this time my thread is allowed.. cause i dont know at all which decision would be the better one :S so i need your help there.

Thanks

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

from the link in the site policy
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1075796
    "We're trying to get people to think about this, and perhaps expand their horizons and try a lot of different products to see which have the features, performance, compatibility with their PC, ease of use, or whatever else they might personally need. And frankly, all of the well established products, (for example, all those from the av-comparatives test rated Standard or above), are good products and are worthy of use.
    "
    and you are asking to compare both valid AV setups. Both are good and either would serve you well

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.