Advanced Systemcare Ultimate

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by PEllis, Oct 31, 2016.

1. PEllis

PEllis Guest

Can someone tell me the differences between ASCU and IObit Malware Fighter, in terms of protection. Does ASCU have all of the features that IObit Malware Fighter has?

2. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

They both have the same antivirus features and should offer the same level of protection. But, IMF receives more frequent program updates than ASC Ultimate does. There have been 5 updates to IMF this year and only 2 to ASC Ultimate.

In my opinion, IMF is a better choice, as it takes a while for IObit to add the latest changes to IMF to ASC Ultimate. If you want the system optimisation and cleanup functions, install the standard version of ASC as well.

When I was last using IMF there were some issues with detection, where some threats were not detected when running a scan, but would be detected when you opened the folder they were in with Explorer. This problem could well have been fixed by now, as I did report the issue to IObit, and IMF has been updated since then.

3. PEllis

PEllis Guest

Thanks. I don't plan of using ASCU or IMF anytime soon, as I just bought Ashampoo AV, but I was just curious.

4. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

IObit (same old crap) or Ashampoo - only resellers of a known engine, maybe bitdefender, kaspersky, avira etc. i would stick with the original.

systemcare is a tweaking/tuning tool so if you system hasnt been damaged by antivirus you can still do with its "features":rolleyes:

5. roger_m

It uses Bitdefender's engine. While, I no longer use IMF, I find Bitdefender itself to be too heavy for my liking.

The cleanup and tweaking features are safe to use, and won't cause any harm. But, of course it can debated if there is any need to use such software if you have a fast computer.

6. PEllis

PEllis Guest

ASCU seems to be a stripped down version of Malware Fighter. No DOG, anti-ransomware engine, camera protection, etc.

7. roger_m

What version are you using?

8. PEllis

PEllis Guest

9. roger_m

That is the latest version. I guess those features will be added later on. I haven't used ASC Ultimate as my antivirus for a few years. These days I just use ASC Pro, which does not include the antivirus.

10. PEllis

PEllis Guest

Thanks. Out of IObit's products, ASCU costs the most. It's weird that they don't prioritize it with updates and the latest features as they do their other products.

11. roger_m

It's best to use both ASC and IMF, so you get the latest features for both.

12. PEllis

PEllis Guest

Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 11 has been released.

http://forums.iobit.com/forum/advan...-feedback-for-advanced-systemcare-ultimate-11

13. PEllis

PEllis Guest

Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 11 review by PCMag.

14. PEllis

PEllis Guest

Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 11.1
    April 16, 2018

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.