advanced system protector - heliosbinder

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by merlin666, Apr 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. merlin666

merlin666 Registered Member

I used the long weekend to run some thorough scans on my system. Started with a the built-in zone-alarm, then malewarebytes, the trend micro housecall, and the norton spyware tool that's in yahoo toolbar. They found some cookies and minor malware, no biggie. Right now, I am running a tool called "Advanced System Protector" and after 14 hours it has found 122(!) infections of "Trojan-Dropper.heliosbinder.aj" and the count is growing. I tried to find more information on the threat through google, but could not find a clear description on the possible origin and nature of this. I am concerned that other scans have not found this - is this a real threat or is Advanced System Protector a poor tool?

2. dell boy

dell boy Registered Member

i am no pro at this type of thing but if tools like mbam and SAS find no biggies i dont see how this is picking them up, i can recommend spyware terminator for antispyware its possibly my best tool.
    try all the most popular tools like asquared SAS mbam spybot and if non of those find anything similar or related to this other tools finding then i would reconsider using this tool you have.
    dont take my advice like im some pro im just saying what i would do.

3. dell boy

also as the problem seems to be an apparent "trojan" check out here download some of these which are known good ones and if anything similar to what advance system protector is getting then i dont know but 122 sounds like its a bogus product, is this product trying to sell you anything like saying buy premium or something? also where did you get recommended this or where did you download?

4. aigle

aigle Registered Member

It may be just a rouge application ith false positive.

5. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

It's not a rogue anti-spyware. If it is or not a "top rated software", as the company behind it claims, it beats me. But, not a rogue.

That's the same company behind Advanced System Optimizer.

But, I guess is one more of those that claim their's is the best, etc. Also, the reviews they mention from Brothersoft and Top Ten Reviews, may say it all. Then again, it may not.

6. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Very suspicious indeed.

7. PROROOTECT

PROROOTECT Registered Member

Yes aigle; for me- ALL Systweak are VERY suspicious.

8. dell boy

i checked their site against mcafee and WOT and mcafee used to have them as red for linking to bad sites but the company complained and removed these sites and has excuses but a leopard never changes his spots i would remove or system restore before it was installed and just check your computer over with the programs suggested in trojan section of forums and use some good antispywares

9. quanzi_1507

quanzi_1507 Registered Member

10. Sportscubs1272

Sportscubs1272 Registered Member

11. Tarq57

Tarq57 Registered Member

Are all 122 of these in the same place? Sharing similar file names, and with the same path?
    Why don't you try uploading some of the detected files to an online scanning service like jotti or virustotal?

12. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

Re: Advanced system protector - Giveaway of the Day

Rubenking stated that was a partial test.
    And the way that I read the article 18 or 19 other programs did better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.