Advanced Interface in trial version of Backup & Recovery 12 Home ?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Clairvaux, Oct 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clairvaux

Clairvaux Registered Member

I am currently evaluating the trial version of Paragon Backup & Recovery 12 Home.

It opens up on the Express Launcher. On the bottom of the window, there is a link to switch to the Advanced Interface. This does not work : it displays the Express Launcher again. All I can do is use the software through the various wizards. The main user interface which is described in the manual is nowhere to be seen.

Is this a limitation of the trial version ?

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

No - there appears to be something wrong with your explauncher.ini , it's just a text file.

3. Clairvaux

Clairvaux Registered Member

Thank you, SIW 2.

Do you think I should try to download and reinstall a fresh trial version (that is, if Paragon allows this ?)

4. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

I am sure Paragon won't mind at all.

It is worth checking to see if you can correct it before bothering to download anything again.

It may just be the entry - try opening explauncher.ini in notepad , it should read like this:

Name_6=Open Advanced Interface
    Hint_6=Advanced partitioning and hard disk management
    Execute_6=".\launcher.exe"
    Visible_6=0
    Href_6=1
    Iconpath_6=launcher_small.png
    After_execute_6=Switch

Note - That is the sixth item in HDM PRO , it might not be 6 in your version - the rest should be the same.

5. Paragon_Matt

Paragon_Matt Paragon Moderator

You can attempt to create it, though it sounds like you may have a corrupted install in which case I would recommend a clean re-install, to do this just simply uninstall the software and delete the product you are using within the Paragon Software folder and then install again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.