Advanced Interface in trial version of Backup & Recovery 12 Home ?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Clairvaux, Oct 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clairvaux

Clairvaux Registered Member

I am currently evaluating the trial version of Paragon Backup & Recovery 12 Home.

It opens up on the Express Launcher. On the bottom of the window, there is a link to switch to the Advanced Interface. This does not work : it displays the Express Launcher again. All I can do is use the software through the various wizards. The main user interface which is described in the manual is nowhere to be seen.

Is this a limitation of the trial version ?

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

No - there appears to be something wrong with your explauncher.ini , it's just a text file.

3. Clairvaux

Clairvaux Registered Member

Thank you, SIW 2.

Do you think I should try to download and reinstall a fresh trial version (that is, if Paragon allows this ?)

4. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

I am sure Paragon won't mind at all.

It is worth checking to see if you can correct it before bothering to download anything again.

It may just be the entry - try opening explauncher.ini in notepad , it should read like this:

Name_6=Open Advanced Interface
    Hint_6=Advanced partitioning and hard disk management
    Execute_6=".\launcher.exe"
    Visible_6=0
    Href_6=1
    Iconpath_6=launcher_small.png
    After_execute_6=Switch

Note - That is the sixth item in HDM PRO , it might not be 6 in your version - the rest should be the same.

5. Paragon_Matt

Paragon_Matt Paragon Moderator

You can attempt to create it, though it sounds like you may have a corrupted install in which case I would recommend a clean re-install, to do this just simply uninstall the software and delete the product you are using within the Paragon Software folder and then install again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.