Advanced Config : Web Browsers Active Mode

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Philippe_FR22, Mar 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Philippe_FR22

Philippe_FR22 Registered Member

Hello,

I was wondering if active should be activated or not, on NOD32 v3 ?
    It is said :
    The way it is said let me think that this mode could introduce some incompatibility issues, that's why it is not activated in default configuration...

I would be pleased to have some more informations and advices with active mode, from ESET experts.

Thks in advance !

Regards

2. proactivelover

proactivelover Registered Member

here you go if you have fast connection you can turn it on
    Applications accessing the Internet can be checked in so-called “active mode” regardless of whether they are marked as Internet browsers or not (for more information, see Internet browsers).
    This is how the active mode works: When a controlled application downloads data, it is first saved to a temporary file created by ESET Smart Security. Data is not available for the given application at that time. Once downloading is complete, it is checked for malicious code. If no infiltration is found, data is sent to the original application. This process provides complete control of the communications made by a controlled application. If passive mode is activated data is trickle-fed to the original application to avoid timeouts.

3. Philippe_FR22

Philippe_FR22 Registered Member

Ok thank you for your answer...
    I begin to understand... But I think that will slow down internet browsing and generally all applications found on Internet Browsers...

Well, what are you calling a "fast connection" ?

Except in French big towns, optical fibers are not globally deployed (currently, at the very begining) and most of maximum rates are :
    - Under 28 MB/s sec for DSL 2+
    - Under 8 MB/s for DSL based lines..

Depending on line loss (in relation with DSLAM distance)

Well, mine is about 5 MB/s downstream and 1MB/s upstream... (and name of my provider is the same as the delicious juice you used to take at breakfast ;-) )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.