Advanced Antivirus Engine ??

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Durad, Jun 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Durad

Durad Registered Member

What does it exactly mean "advanced antivirus engine"?

Many AV vendors claim they have this kind of engine, how many AV vendors is actually right?

2. lordpake

lordpake Registered Member

IMHO that's marketing department talking there :)

I think they are all right in their assessment, especially if we talk about top-tier vendors (such as those usually tested by AV-Comparatives).

3. Stefan Kurtzhals

Stefan Kurtzhals AV Expert

There are quite many features I could easily name to define an advanced scan engine or other security related features. The problem will be, how you want to find out which product has those features? No many will reveal the core abilities of their scan engine. Some features are obvious to notice but you still won't be able to really assess the quality of their implementation.

4. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Well, i consider engines as "advanced engine" when they are capable of desinfecting complex file infectors (good analysts also play major role here), they offer advanced proactive detection features and are easy to adopt to new malware (remember worms that used images as password, better engines were capable of OCX-ing the image and reading the text from it).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.