Advanced Anti-Spy Tab?

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by meschubert, Jan 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meschubert

meschubert Registered Member

This feels like a very dumb “newbie” question, but I give up. How do I get the Advanced Anti-Spy Configuration tab to show up?

It clearly shows this tab next to the Shredder tab under Tools in both the User Guide and in the Help documentation. Although I have a paid license and reinstalled from scratch after trying out the demo, that tab just doesn’t show up. I only have the Shredder tab.

I am running V7.5.1.43 plus (paid) on Windows Vista Ultimate (Latest updates installed).

2. deanmartin

deanmartin Registered Member

I have the paid version, dont see a tab but just the wording for it in the online help. I believe you just uncheck mark the (show only recommended settings) for it. Under tools

3. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, meschubert

That part is nonoperational in Vista.

But you can use the latest version of the Original xp-AntiSpy which is here xp-antispy 3.9.6.6.

One of things I use it to do is to turn the task-scheduler service in Vista Ultimate x64, which can not be done manually within services. [which save having to use reg edit all the time]

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

Last edited: Jan 7, 2008
  4. meschubert

meschubert Registered Member

Thank you for the info. I can live without these functions. It's not what I purchased the product for anyway. It just seemed strange that the tab wasn't there.
    Mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.