Ads Filter 1.0.0.7

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Paul2, Sep 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul2

Paul2 Guest

Ads Filter is a powerful content filter designed for Microsoft Internet Explorer. Get rid of annoying advertisment and banners. Keep pages always clean, small and more informative. Ads Filter can do for you: Prevents downloading of advertisements in Internet Explorer. Blocks any types of ads; Blocks annoying popup windows; Improves page load time and rendering speed; Shrinks wasted space earlier used by adverts for more informative page look; Completely integrated into Internet Explorer; Supports gzip content type (compressed pages); Supports both http and secured https protocols. After you have installed Ads Filter it will block all attempts to get advertisements from the net. To catch banners and adverts our program uses filter set that can be easily redefined by user. Moreover the Ads Filter not only prevents downloading of ads - it also adjusts the page look to clear wasted space earlier used by banners. Before you download and install Ads Filter please make sure you are using Internet Explorer as your favorite browser. The Ads Filter is not stand alone application – it’s Internet Explorer Add-on (plugin) and IE is required to use this software. Ads Filter works with Internet Explorer since version 5.0 and above. We recommend to use IE version 6.0 with all recent updates installed. You can get latest version of IE from Microsoft web-site.

Ads Filter is freeware .

http://www.klitetools.com/comments.php?catid=37&shownews=4217

2. AvianFlux

AvianFlux Registered Member

Hey, looks good!

The Webpage shrinking feature's unique.

3. feddup

feddup Registered Member

silent Ads Filter 1.0.0.7 ?

I installed ads filter. The source and program description seemed admirable. I can't seem to access any program settings and don't find anything changed. Does it work silently? Is this as it should be or am I missing something? There's no actual program in my start menu. Any knowledge would be appreciatted.

4. here now

here now Guest

5. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

I have been test running Ads Filter v1.0.0.7, I think it has lot of potential, but for the moment it is still very unstable. After installing the IE Plug-In it causes Internet Explorer to crash oftenly, and even cause Shell Explorer to crash.

I’ve been in contact with the developer, this persons is pretty quick to respond, and very interested in resolving this problem.

Ads Filter is something IE users may want to keep an eye on..
    ;)

6. feddup

feddup Registered Member

Thanks!

Thanks to "here now" for the link. It's been working nicely AND silently. Only time will tell if it's a keeper but the price is right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.