adobelmsvc.exe, Photoshop, and ~e5d141.tmp

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by LuckMan212, Nov 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rickontheweb

rickontheweb Registered Member

I haven't seen a second process under that name here. But then again I have CS and not CS2 or the whole creative suite either.

I did recently install the Adobe licensing module update because of the reported vulnerability by Secunia. That was supposed to update the module to the same as in CS2. But it acts exactly the same as the first version I had, on my machine anyway. Funny, I had to think twice about updating it. I wasn't sure what was worse, risking a vulnerability in a licensing module that isn't always running (that I don't particularly trust) or updating the module (that I know I don't trust) not knowing what new trick was up it's sleave. But so far it appears to act identically to the earlier version.

I don't know what's up with the 8bit switch issue. Sometimes a dos program forces a color depth mode switch depending upon it's windows compatibility settings. Perhaps one of these apps are DOS based and your system is set to to the 8bit switch for compatibility reaons? Just guessing of course. Also you might look around for something wrong in the startup Adobe Gamma loader app, if you allow it to run. I don't use it.

I wish I could be more help. Maybe someone else knows? I haven't seen either problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.