Adobe Reader XI (11.0.00) released

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by PaulBB, Oct 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Installed it today.

2. Fly

Fly Registered Member

Bigger, newer and more secure ?

On my WIN XP system I'm still running Adobe's Acrobat Reader 8.1, access to the browser disabled, no scripting, no ActiveX. I feel quite safe. ;)

I have never updated it for years, and it has never gotten me into trouble. It's probably not for everyone though. It doesn't have all the latest features but I can read PDF files just fine.

The file size is just tiny :)

3. Victek

Victek Registered Member

That screen shows the default settings. Any reason not to turn ON protected view for all files, or files from potentially unsafe locations? How about "automatically trust documents with valid certification" and "automatically trust sites from my Win OS security zones"?

4. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

You would have to srcoll the entire preferences menu and choose the settings based best on your security requirements. One cannot choose for you what is best for your situation. This may sound somewhat vague, but it does vary as to what security levels you prefer for this software.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.