Adobe Photoshop and JRE

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by G1111, Nov 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

Today I did a full online scan with Secunia Software Inspector and was surprised to see two vulnerabilities on my computer both relating to Java. It indicated that embedded in Adobe Photoshop CS5 was an obsolete version of Java (JRE 6.0.180.7). I am using JRE Version 7 Update 1 on my computer. I looked in the Control Panel, Uninstall a Program and the older version of Java was not listed there. I also did a manual update from Photoshop and it was up to date. For the time being I placed the older version of Java in EMET 2.1. Is there any easy fix other than to reinstall Photoshop or running something like JavaRa which may corrupt Photoshop?

Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
  2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

does secunia display location and the file names of the vulnerable java version? if it does try and replace them with updated Java files. It is possible once that is done whatever is dependant on those obsolete files will not work so keep a backup and also use files from Java SE 6.29 (hopefully it will be more compatible than Java 7 version)

3. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

Yes it did and I saved the info. May try your suggestion if I don't find an easier fix. Thanks.

4. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

Cudni - Went back to lasted version of JRE 6 and copied to Adobe PS. Everything seems to work okay. Thanks for the suggestion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.