Adobe\Macromedia Flash's No Responsibility

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by MICRO, Apr 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MICRO

MICRO Registered Member

For anyone interested in their Privacy via Flash it might be worth reading this below
    from Adobe re. their *No Responsibility* for what others might
    *Store* or otherwise, on one's machine, the second addy link gives one the
    opportunity to CHANGE all the Settings in *Flash* to disallow\deny access to anyone from
    storing, or whatever else they might, via Flash - Some I've never heard of
    parking Cookies or whatever on my machine without asking, bugger that, or should I say, them.
    I mostly have Flash switched off via the handy tool in the superb SpywareBlaster, but have changed the Settings for the times I do need it switched on.

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help02.html

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager03.html

2. BJStone

BJStone Registered Member

You'd be surprised what sites store ^^%$# on your computer if you let them.:eek:

I don't use flash, haven't even installed it.:D

3. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

An everyday scenario is that tons of people visit YouTube everyday. YouTube uses Flash from Macromedia. Every video you watch is cached in the temporary internet files folder as an .flv file. Macromedia shouldn't be held responsible for that content. They are only providing the technology, not the content. With more and more streaming services using Flash, it's a behemoth. I honestly don't see any running from responsibility here. I see them only saying they can't be responsible for what some idiot uploads to YouTube.

I also can't see using today's web without utilizing Flash. Hulu anybody? YouTube? Network news clips? But, to each his own.

4. Warlockz

Warlockz Registered Member

Well that's not cool, you don't know what your missing out on, Flash freaking Rocks! :D

That is when you can control it, here are some instructions on how to totally to control flash!
    (Without having to go into your flash settings)

See thread

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=1445702#post1445702

Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
  5. caspian

caspian Registered Member

I collect animated gifs and I love videos and art, so flash is cool with me.

6. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Registered Member

To destroy usage traces of Flash from your PC, it is worthwhile to consider using your favorite wiping tool (e.g., R-Wipe&Clean) to eliminate all files in the following (Windows Vista) folders:
    C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Flash Player\AssetCache
    C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects
    C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys

To the best of my knowledge, there are no residual Flash traces beyond those contained in the above folders.

7. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

I've managed to replace their reader with foxit, I wouldn't mind a flash alternative :/ I don't use the other crap like air/shockwave. Just Lightroom for my photography.

8. caspian

caspian Registered Member

I assume that XB Browser would work as well. Without any additional configuration. But unless you have the VPN, you would be stuck with Tor. And in my opinion, that would be horrifying.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.