Adobe Flash vulnerability

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by ronjor, Jun 15, 2016.

1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

http://www.kb.cert.org/vuls/id/748992

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

http://www.kb.cert.org/vuls/id/748992

3. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

4. Anonfame1

Anonfame1 Registered Member

This is why I removed Flash from my setup. Ive been using html5 and it works basically everywhere I go. If you care about security and arent sure you need flash to see the vids/content you watch, try it. Flash has to be the biggest attack vector on any web browser.

5. Rmus

Rmus Exploit Analyst

6. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

HTML5 Ads Aren't That Safe Compared to Flash, Experts Say...

7. Anonfame1

Anonfame1 Registered Member

Figures. Still, can we draw the conclusion that using Flash is *gulp*.. safer... than using HTML5? By avoiding flash arent we reducing the overall attack surface since browsers now have HTML5 support anyways? Doesnt it seem that more exploits are found even today in flash than weve seen in HTML5?

I mean im genuinely asking- not being rhetorical or condescending. There is so much to keep track of in security/privacy/anonymity. Ive been learning luks, secure boot, separate /boot thumbdrives, grsecurity, pax, rbac, firejail, apparmor, iptables and ufw, openvpn (for cases where it can help), firefox config (data leaks due to webrtc, phone to google, etc etc), whonix via KVM, UEFI setup for security, etc etc etc. How funny if im ignoring attack vectors from the most obvious source :p

Hopefully firejail/apparmor/grsecurity will help stop any HTML5 attacks I come across...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.