Adobe Flash Player download problem

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by 39steps, Aug 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 39steps

39steps Guest

Hi

A few days ago, on downloading Flash Player from Adobe’s website, I got an ESET warning about a variant of Win32/Genetik Trojan. I reported this here. It was a false positive, rectified in the next update of the virus signature database. Afterwards the download went OK.

This evening I tried to reinstall Flash Player from Adobe’s website. The download progress bar, like before, hardly moved but this time there was no ESET warning. I tried the download several times but each time was the same. A scan with ESET revealed nothing.

Is anyone else having this problem? If not, is there an alternative safe site I can download Flash Player?

Regards

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

3. 39steps

39steps Guest

Hi

I clicked on the "Get Adobe Flash Player" button on adobe.com, which took me to: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/?promoid=BUIGP.

I then clicked on the "Agree and install now" button (unchecking the Google Toolbar). I was then prompted to install the Adobe Download Manager. That's when the Flash Player download started but it stalled each time.

I've now successfully installed Adobe Flash Player and Reader from FileHippo.com. I saved the downloaded files to my desktop and used the right-click ESET scan before installing them.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.