Adobe Flash Player - "automatic" updater

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by luciddream, Aug 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

Doesn't look too automatic to me... It used to be. Once in awhile after a reboot I'd see a prompt to update it. I'd just click on a few buttons and viola... success!

But no longer. Even if I have the box ticked to update automatically, it never does. Then when I click "check now" it merely opens up my browser and takes me to the webpage. Thanks... I can do that on my own just fine. I was hoping maybe it'd start downloading any available update when I clicked that button instead.

I see no reason whatsoever to continue to have it set to look for updates automatically. It doesn't do it and I have to look manually in the end anyhow.

Is this the case for anyone else as well?

2. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Yep and in fact when it takes me to the website where it says what version I have,I always have to click the blue link thats says download center to confirm the latest.I may get the flash update notification but it maybe several days after the update is available.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.