Adobe Acrobat Flurry of Warnings

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by knowbodynow, Sep 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. knowbodynow

knowbodynow Guest

I upgraded Acrobat to version 7. Now if I am in Windows Explorer and I select a PDF file, messages pop up saying the application has changed. The thing is I haven't attempted to open the PDF file so why am I getting any alert. Does just selecting a file cause something to happen in the background? I get warning messages even if I hover the mouse over a PDF file. This seems very strange.
    So far I have chosen deny but ProcessGuard may throw up 3-4 warnings every time I brush a PDF file. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

CaH

2. Carver

Carver Guest

After you upgraded Acrobat you should set PG to learning and uncheck Block new and changed applications.

3. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Interestingly Prexv1 beta provided an answer to what you are seeing. While you are in Windows Explorer and you select a pdf file Acrobat actually executes, even though the file doesn't open. Just put PG in learning mode as Carver said and the popups will go away.

4. Knowbodynow

Knowbodynow Guest

Thanks very much, the advice was spot on. Warning messages have gone. Strange behaviour by Acrobat, though.

CaH

5. rickontheweb

rickontheweb Registered Member

6. jwcca

jwcca Registered Member

Sounds to me like I'll be using PG or OA to permantently block it. Take no prisoners, take no chances. Stop 'em NOW.

smiles,

Jim

7. knowbodynow

knowbodynow Guest

Thanks for the link.

Launching via mouseover in Explorer - I consider that virus-like behaviour. I've set ProcessGuard to permanently block acrord32info.exe. I might well write to Adobe and complain about it. This kind of behaviour should not be encouraged.

CaH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.