AdMuncher 40% off on BitsDuJour Nov 2nd

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by LoneWolf, Oct 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

2. SIR****TMG

SIR****TMG Registered Member

WOW...Thanks...need to buy life time license this time..at 40% off...:thumb:

3. egghead

egghead Registered Member

Thanks for the info :thumb:

Running the beta. Works very well.

I am gonna buy this proggie.

4. Aaron Here

Aaron Here Registered Member

Does that get me a lifetime license? :p

5. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

I don't believe this price is lifetime updates.
    Seems that their pricing model has changed over time.
    Looks to me that this offer is for 12 months of updates, I could be wrong.

6. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

This looks like Ad Muncher basic, not the Pro version. I guess that means weekly updates as opposed to the premium, daily ones. Apparently the 40% discount is supposed to apply to all the different licenses (1 year, 2 year, 3 year and unlimited). The current version is 4.81 and in the past a lifetime license was just for the version 4.+. So definitely check with AM before assuming an unlimited license keeps going once the product hits version 5. I would not be surprised that once the product hits version 5 updates for previous versions stops altogether. And version 5 has been talked about for a long time, even though this 4.+ seems to have lasted a couple years now. Remember this is the same Ad Muncher that previously would not allow updates at all unless an end user ran whatever beta version was being pushed out.

7. Reimer

Reimer Registered Member

I've been giving the trial 4.9 beta a try the past few days and I've been enjoying it. The filters are surprisingly good and I'm used to the EasyList for Adblock Plus and Sidki filters for Proxomitron.

I've been running AM alongside Proxomitron and the same time and it seems to catch whatever Sidki's filters miss. I wonder if there are any problems running them like this. I haven't noticed anything yet.

As for v5, I think I read in a changelog that they scrapped the idea of writing all new code and are doing incremental updates to v4 instead.

8. SIR****TMG

SIR****TMG Registered Member

Well I bought my lifetime license today , for under $50.00....:thumb:

9. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I have had my current v4.x license for the last 18 months...so now is the right time to buy a lifetime license. With this 40% Bits du Jour promotion... :thumb:

"....a license with lifetime updates is still
    cheaper than a lifetime renewal will be once v5.0 comes out..." - from a reply to an email I made earlier today to AdMuncher ...

It helped make up my mind. :D

10. Reimer

Reimer Registered Member

http://imgur.com/Xls3C.jpg

Enjoying AdMuncher so far :thumb:

This may very well replace Proxomitron for me entirely! Sidki's filterset is great but it's not exactly the most user friendly thing to go through when there's a problem. AM has worked tremendously well so far!

11. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

For those that have purchased admuncher and use avast antivirus and its web scanner ,dont forget to alter the avast 5.ini other wise the avast web scanner wont work.
    ellison

12. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

dang it, missed this deal for the so manieth time allready - i must b the unluckiest :mad:

13. ambient_88

ambient_88 Registered Member

What exactly needs to be done with avast5's .ini? Thanks!

14. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

1.open control panel >folder options>view> tick show hidden file folders and drives>apply and ok it.
    2.use explorer or click start >computer>click your main drive (usually C ) .Locate the now showing program data folder and click it>alwil software>avast5>webshield.ini (open with notepad if asked).Under [WebScanner] add the line
    OptinProcess=admunch.exe
    3.save and close.Restart avast and admuncher.
    4.open control panel >folder options>view> untick show hidden files folders and drives if desired

ellison

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.