Addition for SBlaster-Data miners

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Peaches4U, Oct 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peaches4U

Peaches4U Registered Member

Have had two Data Miners [tracking cookies] the last couple of days. namely:

Zo7(2) which I noticed is included in today's download of new definitions.

Please add this one:

ajrotator(1) - pesky little creature persistently coming back all the time. :rolleyes: I tried adding it to the Block List on SpywareBlaster but I must be doing something wrong as the blocking did not take effect. o_O

2. Peaches4U

Re:Addition for SBlaster-Data miners/help

I keep removing this pest 2 or 3 times a day and it keeps coming back. I have not been off base online other than my usual haunts so why now??

This is what I found out about the Data Miner, ajrotator(1) -

AJRotator

On average, 2 objects detected in each machine [The "Clot Factor" is a measure of how much a pest "gums up" a machine by adding registry entries, files, and directories. As more objects are placed in a machine, manual removal becomes more difficult and more error-prone.]

In the past three months, we have received reports of AJRotator in Finland, Greece, Mexico, South Korea, Sweden, United Kingdom, United States.
    Increased 9.1% over the last 90 days

May collect info on Referrers (HTTP Referrers, Top-level Domains, Search Engines, Keywords, Quality Index, Frequency Index, Newsgroup Referrers, and E-mail Referrers), Visitor statistics (Major ISPs, Hostnames, Browsers, OSes, Countries, Timezones, Plug-Ins, Screens, Colors, Java, and JavaScript), and more.

3. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi Peaches4U,

Where did you find an CLSID for AdRotator and which one did your find?
    Tracking cookies are often third-party cookies. Check here:
    http://privacy.getnetwise.org/browsing/tools/ie6/block1and3 how to block them.

Regards,

Pieter

4. Peaches4U

Hi Pieter - I have been scanning with Ad-Aware which is picking up the Data Miner tracking cookie. I did a google search for the info. I posted. I have cookies set as blocking first & third party but am allowing session cookies. However, during the Google search it indicated a connection between Ajrotator and Thruport. I use the discussion forum at the 50 plus site which is powered by Thruport. I questioned the site a while back about using Thruport and they assured me they did not use spyware. It is the only method I can think of that ajrotator(1).txt can get into my computer - is because I allow session cookies [but not third cookies] from this site. I have this site in my privacy in ZoneAlarm as okay for session cookies but to block persistent and 3rd party cookies. Mobile Code is allowed but please explain what this means....perhaps this is where the problem lieso_Oo_O?? This pest has only become a problem a couple of days ago. Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.