Adding to Restricted Sites

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by NachtTeufel, Apr 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NachtTeufel

NachtTeufel Registered Member

Is there a way to add to the list of restricted sites? I haven't been able to find directions for it in the help section or this forum. Alternately, my specific problem is that my homepage gets changed despite what I've set in SpywareBlaster and Spybot S&D.

Also, what purpose does the Browser Pages under the Tools tab serve? I can see the site that my homepage keeps getting changed to there... Not that it will help, but I like to go with the generic www.yahoo.com, but lately it's been automatically changed to www.enjoysearch.com.

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

You can actually add to the list of Restricted Sites from within Internet Explorer.

1.) Simply browse to the following menus: Tools > Internet Options
    2.) Click on the "Security" tab.
    3.) Click on "Restricted Sites".
    4.) Press the "Sites" button that should appear.

You can add/remove Restricted Sites from there if you wish.

---

In regard to your constant problems with your homepage changing, please follow the instructions here: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=15913

Someone will be around to check your HijackThis log and help you get rid of it, if the programs mentioned in that thread don't. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. yvonh733

yvonh733 Registered Member

What JAVACOOL says is perfect...but can be improved

You could add 2 handy tools to your TOOLS in IE

----------------------------
    Microsoft has a handy tool that will add a menu choice Add to Trusted Zone and Add to Restricted Zone to the Tools menu in Internet Explorer. You can download this tool from the Microsoft Web site [127 KB]. It is called Internet Explorer 5 Power Tweaks Web Accessory, but it works fine on Internet Explorer 6.
    -----------------------------

I pick that up at

Infinisource.com

2/3rd down the page you will find the download link under Web Site

Have a good day

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.