Adding New Key

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Roadkil, Dec 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roadkil

Roadkil Registered Member

hey All,
    I just renewed my key. THe old one doesnt expire till 12/30. I got the new login and password and i put it into the update box. It took it logged into the update server but when i check the date it says for my key to expire it still says 12/30. any help?

2. Vettetech

Vettetech Former Poster

Well you have your key and a recepiet that you paid for another year. Just wait till it expires then try it again.

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

The license expiry system is under developement and it is still showing info for your previous license .

The update servers are different from the one that contain license expiry information so your license should be valid until you have paid to no matter what is shown as expiry in the program

4. Roadkil

Thanks. now i just rebooted with the new key installed and it doesnt display a date at all. =( The update works but not displayed is it a gui bug. I hope my it sees my license as valid. **crossing fingers**

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

No , it is not a GUI bug . This is by design - when the license expiry servers have no info about when your lic is about to expire , your v3 displays no info .

There is no info on the license expiry servers because this info is entered manually , I guess . :thumb:

6. Roadkil

so as long as i keep getting my updates the key is good. **hopefully** =)

7. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Yes :thumb: Sooner or later your license expiry date (for the new license) will appear , too :thumb:

8. Big Apple

Big Apple Frequent Poster

When you buy a new key, the starting date of that key will be the date of purchase and you should have waited till 12/30. Now you loose the days from date of purchase till 12/30. You can always renew your license for the renewal price, since you are a registered user, even months after expiring.

9. ASpace

ASpace Guest

No . No more than 30 days after the initial license has expired

10. Roadkil

So the key expire info wont show up until the key is about to expire?

11. ASpace

ASpace Guest

No , you got me wrong . It will show when the servers which display license expiry info are filled in with such info - this requires human interaction , I believe . Since your new license (the renewed one) is a new one , these server(s) have no info about it , so they display no info . When they are filled in with info , they will show , don't worry

12. Big Apple

This is what I thought as well and got the same answer from the Dutch Nod website, but the following answer I got from Eset.com Support:

An ESET Customer Care Representative has updated this case with the following information:

Dear Customer,

Thanks for contacting Eset Sales. There is no time line that you have, what the best option is to contact me directly and I will put your information in our system and place the renewal subscription for you since your information was in our old ordering system, and once you have purchased our original software you will get the renewal price.

So, after this email, I contacted the Dutch support again and they had contact with Eset themselves and confirmed their statement. I just wondered, how many renewers paid the full amount again, as they should have paid the renewal price!
    Just so you know.......!

Last edited: Dec 9, 2007
  13. Roadkil

ohhh ok so they should enter my key tomorrow when they get there and ill get the expire date then probably after i send my stat info to eset =) which i already did today =)

14. ASpace

ASpace Guest

So , someone have used NOD32 3 years ago , the license has expired and now they want to renew - I seriously doubt anybody will renew this license in such case . Or sb's license expired 3 months ago , they completely denied renewing the license but now something got to their mind - ... I am not so sure they will pay renewal price in this case , too .

Most resellers and distributors have some kind of "dealline" . A subscription cannot last forever.

15. Big Apple

Well, I suggest you approach Eset with this question yourself and quote the message I received and see what answer they will come up with. After I got this reply from Eset, I wrote this to the Dutch Nod32 and they admitted they got the same answer and also said, they never knew!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.