adding licenses

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by realitybytez, May 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. realitybytez

realitybytez Registered Member

I have a network currently consisting of 83 PCs (just added four new PCs). I was only licensed for 80 ESET clients, so I purchased five additional licenses. I can't for the life of me figure out how to add the five licenses to the 80 existing licenses. I tried using the "renew license" feature, but I get an error message saying
    "This license key is not issued for NOD32 Remote Administrator! (20081,2)"​
    o_O

2. xTiNcTion

xTiNcTion Registered Member

Hi realitybytez,

this is so called extend a license. 80 users expanded to 85 of the same Business Edition. Usually you receive a new Username/Password + .LIC.

If you just buy 5 licenses without explaining the reseller that you want to extend your current (80) business edition license... then it is as you having 2 completely diferent licenses.

Please contact reseller/company from where you bought last licenses and explain what you need.

good luck!

Last edited: May 3, 2008
  3. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Your reseller will create a special package for you..you'll get a new .LIC file for 85 to replace your current one for 80...at a pro-rated price. Same user/pass can be kept, as well as expiration date.

4. realitybytez

realitybytez Registered Member

I do believe that this is what they did. I purchased from the same vendor that sold me the original product, and I explained that I wanted to add five licenses to the original 80. The pricing reflects a "Co-term discount" so that the new licenses expire at the same time as the existing ones.

But I still can't figure out how to get the new licenses installed.

5. xTiNcTion

xTiNcTion Registered Member

Hi,

You just need to replace old .lic file with the new one provided. Change Username/Password if you receive new ones.

Using Console, connect to the server...
    Now you'll see a button to renew license (a.k.a. replace .lic file).

If you still get errors... please contact your reseller.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.