adding a new firewall

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by T_Durden, Nov 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T_Durden

T_Durden Registered Member

I currently have KIS 2011 and am using its firewall but am still getting a spam email from a friend that we cant seem to stop. I wanted to install a stand alone firewall and was wondering what I would need to disable on either the KIS or the firewall other than the KIS firewall. I know zone alarm has a lot of security features and am not sure about online armor but i just dont want any conflicts. Any help would be appreciated

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

firewall can't stop spam that somebody else is sending to you, there is no point changing what you have now. in case of your friend he needs to investigate than neither his machine has malware and or his email account is not compromised

3. T_Durden

T_Durden Registered Member

wouldnt it stop her from being sent out though? What im getting is an email with only a link and she never sent it. But her email address and all match perfect but the message isnt from her

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

5. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

My newbie nephew just had the same issue as you describe.

The problem lies within your friends PC set up NOT your PC!!!

Changing FW's from brand K to brand O will achieve nothing, as those changes only impact your PC.

What you can do is add her to your blocked senders list in your email client on your PC AND on your ISP's web based account you may or may not have.

On her end she needs to clear the trojan off her PC and if she can't get it done by a professional security guy.

As well she needs to cancel her email addy and probably the service (hot mail?) and switch email services and get a new email addy.

As well she need to upgrade her security set up with a proper RT AV and ASW layer to minimize this from happening in the future.

That's the best I can do at the moment.

Others will have more ideas.

But to repeat the issue is NOT your PC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.