Adding a bad website to SpywareBlaster

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by JimO, Aug 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimO

JimO Guest

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.windowws.cc/hp.htm?id=9

I dont see this website on SpywareBlaster. Is there any way to add it?.......Jim

2. Deke

Deke Registered Member

I think it is already in there as the image indicates.

Attached Files:

3. JimO

JimO Guest

Thanks Deke, Theres so many of them I must have skipped over it somehow..........Jim

4. Deke

Deke Registered Member

The only way I found it was I was going to try adding one in the registry under the Domain key and found it in there.

Attached Files:

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey Jim,

Using the first SpywareBlaster pic that Deke posted as an example....if you right click one of the items in the list....you can then choose the Find selection. There you can input a site....Windows.cc for example....and it will search for that item.

6. Deke

Deke Registered Member

Bubba as always "Your da Man".

If I read that in the help section of SB my old brain had long forgot it.

Thanks for the tip.

7. JimO

JimO Guest

Thanks guys, Yes I know about the find function. I tried that and it came up blank. Maybe I spelled it wrong? Here is another question, Maybe you know the answer. Say I find a bad website. How do I find out the CLSID number so I can add it to Spyware Blasters custom filter?..........JimO

8. Deke

Deke Registered Member

You can download a great one here. This has a search feature with it and a update also. It is an .exe file. Just click on any one in the list and it will give you a descriptive popup as in the image below.

Here are some more helpful resources:

http://www.sysinfo.org/bholist.php
    http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/bho_a_d.htm

Attached Files:

9. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Perhaps I'm not understanding what your meaning....but bad website and custom CLSID number ....do not go hand in hand. If your wanting to Restrict what a Bad Web site can do....you would add that site to the Restricted Zone via IE's Tools\Internet Options\Security tab....then select the Restricted Zone icon and then Custom level. There is not a Feature in SpywareBlaster to add bad web sites to it's Restricted Sites Protection feature.

If your wanting to add a known bad CLSID number via SpywareBlasters Custom Blocking feature....I suggest you follow the instructions found in the below link.

This link---> How to add custom CLSID's to block with SpywareBlaster

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.