Add Tracking Cookies to Spyware Blaster?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by rfjones, Jan 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rfjones

rfjones Registered Member

I constantly find the same 10-20 spyware cookies with AdAware and have to remove them.Can I add these to Spyware Blaster to permanently take care of them?How and where do I do this?

2. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

You probably want answers from more experienced users than me, but I would think you could add the url's directly to your restricted list in IE should you use that browser.

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Could you please post a scan log from Ad-Aware that shows which cookies are being detected?

I'd be happy to take a look. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

4. yoga

yoga Registered Member

I have never understood why people take the time to post questions on a forum and then abandon the thread after someone is nice enough to respond. So, I would like to resurrect this. I would be happy to add my scan log of the tracking cookies I always find. There are occasionally others not listed here, but these seem to be the most persistent, and they are from "Real" (music), of course:

Name: TrackingCookie.Real
    Path: C:\Documents and Settings\owner\cookies\owner@guide.real[2].txt
    Risk: Medium

Path: C:\Documents and Settings\owner\cookies\owner@messagesignup.real[1].txt

Path: C:\Documents and Settings\owner\cookies\owner@real[2].txt

Path: C:\Documents and Settings\owner\cookies\owner@superpass.real[1].txt

This was from the Ewido online scanner instead of the one on my computer, but they both always show these cookies. For some reason, I could not find these cookies by following the path given above. But these files are constantly replaced on my system no matter how often I delete them with my spyware scanner. I do use their services, but I don't see why they need to put tracking cookies on my system. Why can't they just use session cookies? I would hope their services would still be usable if these cookies were blocked. Can you do something about this?

:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.