Add to archive PB

Discussion in 'Other Ghost Security Software' started by sdaumas, Nov 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sdaumas

sdaumas Registered Member

Hi,
    I'm a new CS user and have a little problem with the context menu fonction "Add to archive".
    I first installed the Demo licence of CS.
    Then I bought the registered licence so I uninstalled the demo, reboot, install the CS registered version.
    The issue comes when CS is closed and I try to encrypt a file with the "Add to archive" founction in the context menu.
    The result is that CS opens but the file selected is not added to the archive.
    This problem disapears if I let CS opened even in the systray.

so shortly,
    If CS is opened, no problem.
    If CS is closed, the function "Add to archive" just opens CS (don't add the file :( ). Doing Add to archive once again will finaly add the selected file.

Am I doing something wrong? I have some friends who use CS and don't have such an issue. I uninstalled and reinstalled CS twice.

Thanks

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi sdaumas, If I right click a file in explorer and send to CS archive, CryptoSuite opens and the file is shown ready to archive in the lower right hand window. I then add a password, click encrypt where I am given a "Save As" window from which I can either select a current .cse folder or create a new one.

So I am not quite sure what you are seeing there or what might be causing any problem.

Pilli

3. sdaumas

sdaumas Registered Member

Hi Pilli,

Thanks for your answer,

I understand and agree, but I tested it deeper and finaly, everything is ok except for the files/folders located on my Desktop.

If I explore c:\Documents&Settings\profile\Desktop\myfile.doc, right-clic on it (with CS closed), I can see the file (myfile.doc) in the lower right hand window.
    Unfortunately (and strangely), if I am on my desktop (directly, without using windows eplorer), I right-clic on myfile.doc (CS is closed) select, "Add to archive", CS opens but the file, myfile.doc does NOT display in the lower right hand window(nothing displays).
    It seems crazy but I tested it with a lot of different files formats. o_O
    Would screenshots be helpfull?

Seb

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Thanks for the clarification sdaumas, this may be a nit and I am sure that Jason will take a look at it.

Thanks agasin. Pilli

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.